Index du Forum

S’enregistrer
FAQRechercherMembresGroupesProfilSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésConnexion

BIENVENUE 
FOLM DAKAR DANTAN - TOUTES LES PHOTOS ET VIDEOS SUR PLANETFOLM.ORG ...
Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais)
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> LES SALONS DE FOLM -> DIVERS
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
wayneto
Invité

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 19:37:38    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

S'il vous plaît pardonnez-moi de demander en anglais, mon français n'est pas très bon et j'ai besoin de quelqu'un qui parle français et en anglais ...

Hello!

I need someone's help, please. I am working on a computer program for slotcar racing, and I am currently making a version translated into French. I have been able to do most of the translations myself, but certain words are ambiguous in translation, and I want to make sure I use the CORRECT words for a French user, specific to the slotcar racing context. I have reviewed the website, but I want to be SURE!

If you would be so kind, please review the list below (which contains my best guesses), and e-mail me the translation to the PROPER French words for use in slotcar racing. My e-mail address is "lanemaster@comcast.net". Since I am an English speaker, it is obviously unlikely that I will spend much time on this site, so if you would please send it to me by e-mail, I will be sure to get it, and I thank you in advance for your generous help!

Merci beaucoup!
Wayne

Heat = Étape (or phase?) or ?
Lane = Voie
Race = Race (or Course?)
Lap = Tour
Best Lap = Premiere Tour
Track = Circuit? Chemin? (Piste? Hippodrome?)
Warm-up = Warm-up? Réchauffer < (I'm SURE this is wrong!)
Driver = Pilote? (Conducteur?)
Cancel = annulée or ?
Hold = Détenir <as in "hold the countdown"
Data View = Vue Données (???)
Resume = Reprendre
Track Call = Track Call ?
Hardware Device = Appareil(???)
Next = ""Suivante"" (or ""Prochain""?)
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 19:37:38    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Chris

Moyenne de points: 0
Point(s): 16 652

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 19:43:55    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

Heat = Étape
Lane = Voie
Race = Course
Lap = Tour
Best Lap = Meilleur Tour
Track = Piste/Circuit
Warm-up = Warm-up/Tour de chauffe
Driver = Pilote
Cancel = annuler
Hold = Détenir
Data View = Données
Resume = Reprendre
Track Call = Track Call ? i don't know, what do you mean ?
Hardware Device = PC et périphériques.
Next = Suivant/Suivante

Wayne if you please, write small words in the "présentation", it would be kind Okay
Visiter le site web du posteur
wayneto
Invité

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 19:58:52    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

Chris,

WOW that was fast! Thanks SOOOO much! If I had known I would get an answer so quickly, I wouldn't have bothered to include my e-mail address. :-)

"Track Call" is when the car flies off the track and cannot be easily retrieved, so the timer must be paused until the car is returned to the track. Do you not do that?

I'm afraid I don't understand your last comment about big words in the presentation... :-(

Thanks again - this is even better than I could have hoped for! I am very grateful for your help.

Best Regards,
Wayne
cheetah31
NEW 24 H FOLM

Point(s): 9 672

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 20:05:26    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

I Agree with Chris for all the worlds.

In France "call track" is only "track" . A big "panic button" is already pressed by the race director and the race is stopped

Chris said that on this forum you have to present yourself in the appropried rubrique

here --- > http://folm.xooit.com/f1-FOLM.htm
Rondeau

Point(s): 8 589

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 20:08:42    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

Hold the countdown

Moi, j'aurai traduit ça par "suspendre le compte à rebours"

"Track call": vu les explications données, "suspension de la course" style "drapeau rouge" / "red flag"

Wayneto, about big or small words. Chris just wants to say, It will be cool if you'll introduce yourself in the following topic:

http://folm.xooit.com/f1-FOLM.htm

wayneto
Invité

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 20:18:26    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

One more thing... (sorry to be a pest)

I'm not sure "PC et périphériques" is what I need. This refers to the device that connects the computer to the track. It *is* technically a computer peripheral, but it's not a standard one like a printer, drive, etc. I want to say "the LaneMaster device" or "apparatus". Should I go with just "périphérique" or is there a better word?

Sorry about the "wrong rubrique" (I guess that means I posted in the wrong category?). I tried to find a "general" category and thought (incorrectly, I guess) that "divers" is the same as "diverse" or "various".

Rondeau - I am not comfortable with introducing myself, to be honest. I don't race much - my hobby is programming. I don't think there's much I could say that would interest the group, really. I promise that I will come back when LaneMaster is officially released, if you would like... :-)

If you are interested in LaneMaster, please see the free demo (*complete* free version but without hardware, of course) at: http://www.suchadealsoftware.com/LM2/CurrentVersion.htm

Note: this is still BETA, and obviously I have not made these updates yet, but I will later tonight or tomorrow. I would be DELIGHTED to have anyone help with my stupid translations, and I promise I will correct them in the program!

Thanks yet again - EVERYONE!! :-)
cheetah31
NEW 24 H FOLM

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 20:22:03    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

wayneto a écrit:
One more thing... (sorry to be a pest)

I'm not sure "PC et périphériques" is what I need. This refers to the device that connects the computer to the track. It *is* technically a computer peripheral, but it's not a standard one like a printer, drive, etc. I want to say "the LaneMaster device" or "apparatus". Should I go with just "périphérique" or is there a better word?

Sorry about the "wrong rubrique" (I guess that means I posted in the wrong category?). I tried to find a "general" category and thought (incorrectly, I guess) that "divers" is the same as "diverse" or "various".

Rondeau - I am not comfortable with introducing myself, to be honest. I don't race much - my hobby is programming. I don't think there's much I could say that would interest the group, really. I promise that I will come back when LaneMaster is officially released, if you would like... :-)

If you are interested in LaneMaster, please see the free demo (*complete* free version but without hardware, of course) at: http://www.suchadealsoftware.com/LM2/CurrentVersion.htm

Note: this is still BETA, and obviously I have not made these updates yet, but I will later tonight or tomorrow. I would be DELIGHTED to have anyone help with my stupid translations, and I promise I will correct them in the program!

Thanks yet again - EVERYONE!! :-)

I think that the better world you need is " interface "
Chope Man

Point(s): 53 040

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 20:33:43    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

I feel that the correct translation for Hardware device would rather be "un matériel" or "un appareil" as suggested.

From what I understand a hardware device can be a computer or a screen or a printer or whatever piece of hardware.

Now, why not include the terms in their context for a better understanding?

- Et Don, il est en vacances ou bien ?

-----------
LMSL ...
- Mais faudrait soit disant pas le dire
cheetah31
NEW 24 H FOLM

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 21:50:05    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

wayneto , what are your favorite VTM ?

Have you already visted a Turkish jail ?
wayneto
Invité

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 21:57:38    Sujet du message: Parfait! Répondre en citant

I'm so glad that all of you are so nice and helpful!

Cheetah31... BINGO! That is the PERFECT word. I'm so happy with it, I'm even going to change it in the English version. WELL DONE! :-)

Rondeau - I really like "Red Flag" ("drapeau rouge"). I think it will fit on the Command Button, but if not, I will probably use "Track!" (if you all agree that that makes sense.)

Also, Moi, j'aurai traduit ça par "suspendre le compte à rebours"
I could not fit the whole phrase, so I used "Rebours" for my "Countdown" command button. Is that acceptable? I really need it to be short... I also need "Hold" to be short... could I use "Suspendre" or is there a better form (conjugation) of the word?

Chope Man - merci for your thoughts. I would love to include context, but it's difficult. I am WELL aware that affects the word used (male/female, past/present/future - I studied French for several years, but it was a LONG time ago, I'm afraid.) Unfortunately, I use some of these words in a LOT of places, which makes this challenging

I have a few more questions, if you don't mind... and I'll *try* to include more context.

Best Lap = Meilleur Tour
Can this be shorter? "Meilleur"? "Mlr. Tour"... how would you abbreviate it? It is a column heading, so I need to keep it short, like "Best Lap" in English.

"Data View" is the name of one mode (view) of my program, where you set up races, events, etc. I had it as "Vue Données", because I couldn't figure out the best way to emphasize the VIEW, not the Data. The button is not "look at the data", it is "switch to the main screen, which is NAMED Data View". I also thought about using ""Écran Principal", which I translate as "Main Screen". But in my documentation/help files (sorry but that's in English only, I'm afraid... :-( ) call that main screen "Data View". Any suggestions?

Thank you all so very much for making this fun!
wayneto
Invité

MessagePosté le: 21/07/2012 22:00:42    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

wayneto , what are your favorite VTM ?

Have you already visted a Turkish jail ?

Sorry - I don't understand. Are you making fun of my bad translations? I always worry about accidentally telling people to "kiss the sink"... :-(

And I don't know what a VTM is, (but I would like to.)
Chope Man

MessagePosté le: 22/07/2012 14:11:07    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

No, we re making no fun of your translation.

It happens that even among the French dwellers very few people know what a VTM is. So we asked you just in case you might have helped those who don't know what it is...

But it seems that you don't know either ...

- Voilà ...

-----------
LMSL ...
wayneto
Invité

MessagePosté le: 22/07/2012 18:00:42    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

Est-ce que "Vraiment Tres Mechant"? It sounds like an interesting band, with a name like that... but I've never heard of them before. (I'm a 100% devoted fan of the band Rush, from Canada.)

Then again, I've probably got it wrong and Google has made me look silly. I AM quite curious, though, now. Neutral If you don't want to say on the board, please send me an e-mail. :-)
Chope Man

MessagePosté le: 22/07/2012 19:04:26    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais) Répondre en citant

- Vehicule Terrestre à Moteur!

The official name of a car, a truck, a motorbike...

We just wanted to know what kind of slot car you like (or real cars, but it's generally the same). But as you seem to be more interested in information for a translation, you may have no taste for those things.

The two questions about Turkish jail (a reference to "midnight express") and VTM are traditionnal ones we always ask here to new comers.

-----------
LMSL ...
Chris

Point(s): 16 652

MessagePosté le: 22/07/2012 19:19:38    Sujet du message: Re: Parfait! Répondre en citant

wayneto a écrit:
Best Lap = Meilleur Tour
Can this be shorter?

Hi Wayne.

nothing shorter, "meilleur tour" is the best translation.

about the "data view" i don't know, not easy.

wayneto a écrit:
"Vraiment Tres Mechant"?

you're totaly right, i can't find better translation Mr Green
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: 20/10/2017 12:36:17    Sujet du message: Question sur la traduction des mots slotcar (en Anglais)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> LES SALONS DE FOLM -> DIVERS Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers:  

FORUMAUTOPLUS

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation