Forum Index

Register
FAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in

BIENVENUE 
Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> LES SALONS DE FOLM -> SCRATCH BUILDING
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Oily Rag

PostPosted: Thu 4 Sep 2014, 11:46 pm    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

I hope you like my two Lotus. Both vintage Pactra vac formed body shells with modern era Plafit chassis. Both cars run smooth and fast with very similar performance.
Interiors scratch built from foam board with vintage Cox drivers, engine details etc from Aluminium tube and brass wire.

Chris C (Oily rag)
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 4 Sep 2014, 11:46 pm    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Grosbig

Moyenne de points: 0
Point(s): 9,869

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep 2014, 05:36 am    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

excellent ! great models !

" tu te rends compte de la détresse de ces gens là ???...mon dieu .....c'est épouvantable"
GP Lèguevin 2014
Visit poster’s website
Chris

Point(s): 17,041

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep 2014, 08:13 am    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

i love the lotus 30, so brutal Okay
Visit poster’s website
Fred
NEW 24 H FOLM

Point(s): 13,661

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep 2014, 08:53 am    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

Shocked

"Nous ne cessons pas de jouer parce que nous vieillissons ; nous vieillissons parce que nous cessons de jouer" - George Bernard Shaw

munter

Point(s): 21

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep 2014, 09:56 am    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

Two beauties....a great joining of old school bodies and new school chassis.

I would like a decent shell of a Lotus 23 in 1/32 scale someday.

Slotcars are my preferred reality
1500GP

Point(s): 11,873

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep 2014, 11:17 am    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

Nice cars ...

Fred

personne

Point(s): 494

PostPosted: Fri 5 Sep 2014, 07:14 pm    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

jolis jouets, félicitations.

l'ennemi est con, il croit que c'est nous l'ennemi alors que c'est lui
munter

Point(s): 21

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct 2014, 10:45 pm    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

Looking here again and admiring your work. The use of Plafit chassis will also stop the dreaded curling under of lexan bodies.

Very nice viewing, thank you.

Slotcars are my preferred reality
Oily Rag

PostPosted: Sun 19 Oct 2014, 04:26 pm    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind comments, and I do agree the Plafit approach is great and as you say the foam rubber method of body mounting stops the body curling under and losing shape. I find with these old shells the way to re-shape them is to heat them with my wifes hair dryer, mold them into shape with fingers when hot then shock them quickly under a cold water tap. This method seams to get them back into shape and holds them that way.
I haven't been able to have much time at the work bench lately as that horrible word 'work' has been getting in the way, although I do try to keep my eye on the FOLM forum from time to time.
Regards
Lemans59

Point(s): 2,975

PostPosted: Sun 19 Oct 2014, 08:33 pm    Post subject: Lotus 23 Porsche and Lotus 30 Reply with quote

Nice models Okay

Astonmaniaque
Vive le plaisir de conduire, vive Caterham!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> LES SALONS DE FOLM -> SCRATCH BUILDING All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

FORUMAUTOPLUS

Portal | Index | Administration Panel | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation