Forum Index

Register
FAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in

BIENVENUE 
BIENVENUE A TOUS SUR LE VRAI FORUM DU CIRCUIT ROUTIER ELECTRIQUE...FOLM...la PLANET ou on échange et on partage plein d'infos !!!
1/24 Monogram Duesenberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> LES SALONS DE FOLM -> SCRATCH BUILDING
Previous topic :: Next topic  
bosmeck

PostPosted: Tue 1 Dec 2009, 05:07 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

I built this not long ago and I have to say it was difficult. Monogram produced this slot car kit without bumpers and wheel inserts. I found some wheel inserts from another kit and used them. I went with the classy look for painting. I don't know what was on Monogram's mind when it came racing one of these because bits and pieces would fly off this car the first time this car left the track. Pretty model though.

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 1 Dec 2009, 05:07 pm    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lemans59

Moyenne de points: 0
Point(s): 2,856

PostPosted: Tue 1 Dec 2009, 05:25 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

Ah! Et bien voilà du lourd dans tous les sens du terme!
Je me suis toujours demandé pourquoi Monogram faisait piloter une Duesenberg par un pilote casqué et harnaché!?!
Belle réalisation en tous cas!

Astonmaniaque
Vive le plaisir de conduire, vive Caterham!
Chope Man

Point(s): 53,159

PostPosted: Tue 1 Dec 2009, 06:05 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

J'aurais exactement les mêmes commentaires à propos du choix de Monogram pour les pilote de la Mercedes et de la Dusenberg...

Sinon, très joli travail, comme d'habitude... Okay

- Here he says: "hey Chris, where do you the Hell find all that stuff ?" ...

-----------
Cette fois ci, c'est officiel!
- On arrête le Slot
1500GP

Point(s): 11,839

PostPosted: Tue 1 Dec 2009, 06:29 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay

I love this car !

Nice Job Chris ! Okay

Did you let a piece of body in blue to see that it is a true slot model (not a transformed static one) ?

How can I work on mine after this one ?...... Embarassed

Fred

bosmeck

PostPosted: Tue 1 Dec 2009, 06:42 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

1500GP wrote:
Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay Okay

I love this car !

Nice Job Chris ! Okay

Did you let a piece of body in blue to see that it is a true slot model (not a transformed static one) ?

How can I work on mine after this one ?...... Embarassed

Cheers mate

No blue but if somebody wanted to check it all they would have to do is scrap back a little patch of black on the inside to check it.
bosmeck

PostPosted: Tue 1 Dec 2009, 06:46 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

Chope Man wrote:
J'aurais exactement les mêmes commentaires à propos du choix de Monogram pour les pilote de la Mercedes et de la Dusenberg...

Sinon, très joli travail, comme d'habitude... Okay

- Here he says: "hey Chris, where do you the Hell find all that stuff ?" ...

cheers mate

regarding the driver...

It's hard for me to change the driver because it will not be totally original. At the time this is the way I thought but I'm slowly begining to move away from this train of thought.
Chope Man

Point(s): 53,159

PostPosted: Tue 1 Dec 2009, 07:25 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

Chris, I did not say this time that you should have changed the pilot. I was just saying that I share Lemans59's opinion: why did Monogram choose such a pilot ?

But you did not answer my double's question: I'm really impressed by all the cars you find ...

- Ils sont en train de discuter de la beauté des tahitiennes, enfin quand elles sont jeunes... Enfin j'me comprends...

-----------
Cette fois ci, c'est officiel!
- On arrête le Slot
Grosbig

Point(s): 9,490

PostPosted: Tue 1 Dec 2009, 09:10 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

cette Duesenberg m'a toujours botté . C'est une poutre .

( Bosmeck ......poutre doesn't mean " suc...er" !!!!! Mr Green Chopeman help me please !!)

" tu te rends compte de la détresse de ces gens là ???...mon dieu .....c'est épouvantable"
GP Lèguevin 2014
Visit poster’s website
don.siegel

Point(s): 2,542

PostPosted: Wed 2 Dec 2009, 12:20 am    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

Chris, as to why Monogram chose this kind of car.... it may have just been a rhetorical question, but the short answer is that they wanted to get in the slot racing game as quickly as possible, we assume, and since it takes time to tool up for new bodies, they used what they had on hand! That is, some pretty strange cars for slot racing, but already available.

After that, they started releasing all the usual Cobras, Ferraris, Ford GTs, etc. that we all know and love...

Of course even so, I have to admit that the Deusy and the Mercedes were kind of strange choices, but in 1964 things were still a bit more up in the air, and the whole model building game had often been based on classic models, so maybe the slot manufacturers thought they had to go down the same road.... and they did leave off the bumpers so you couldn't lose those at least!

Beautiful color on this car by the way...

I wish they had done a Cord too, but at least I have the static model and one of these days....

Don
JP Motorsport

PostPosted: Wed 2 Dec 2009, 10:04 pm    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg Reply with quote

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:28 am    Post subject: 1/24 Monogram Duesenberg

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> LES SALONS DE FOLM -> SCRATCH BUILDING All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

FORUMAUTOPLUS

Index | Administration Panel | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation